Children are at risk of violence, abuse and exploitation in many forms: being forced into prostitution; trafficked within and across borders; at the mercy of sex tourists and paedophiles; or groomed and abused via the internet and other new technologies.
There are many ways you can help, whether you are an NGO, private company, school or individual. Please see below for some ideas or contact ECPAT International or your local ECPAT group for more ideas.
|• If you work in the field of CSEC, send ECPAT examples of best practice for us to incorporate in our work;
• If you work in advertising, give some free space to the ECPAT group in your country;
• If you work in a bar or restaurant, display or distribute some information about CSEC);
• If you work in the travel, tourism, hotel, leisure industries, get you company to sign up to the Code of Conduct;
• If you work in the IT industry encourage your company to block child pornography;
• If you work in the media, encourage your colleagues to report CSEC issues or contact email@example.com for further information.
• Find out what your country needs to do to protect children.
• Promote ECPAT’s work in your school
• If you or your family are going on holiday, find out if the travel/tourist company has signed the Code of Conduct. If it has not – then try another company and encourage others to do the same.
• The same with your hotel. Has it signed the code? Or does it take positive steps to ensure that children are not being abused on its premises. If not then book another hotel!
• When you are on holiday or if you are located somewhere where tourists visit, if you see a situation in which a child is being exploited, then let the hotel manager, police or local NGO know or contact ECPAT.
• You can organise fundraising activities or make a donation.
• If you come across a website in which children are shown to be abused or exploited, please send us the details on the form below.